My name is Ray Lachance and I have been riding, racing and coaching for over 20 years. To give you some idea what it was like racing off-road ‘back in the day’ we would race the hill-climb event, wait at the top, race the downhill, and then start the cross-country the next day. This was all done on the same bike and usually with the same wheels and tires! Fast forward 20 years and we now have bikes than can handle the ups and downs equally well and the Rockstar 29’er is a bike that can do it all, and do it well.
I participate in Marathon XC and off-road stage races as well as Road, and Cyclo Cross racing. I am in a unique position to show case Titus bikes at all of my events. I know that they would draw a lot of attention and interest, whether I am on fat or skinny tires. With the vast array of bikes required for all the different styles of riding, Titus, Planet X, and On One, have created superior bikes for performance at any event.
2012 is upon us and I am hoping to have the support of Titus. Whether I am a rock star or a road star does not matter. All that counts is that I am out there representing and having fun doing what I love on two wheels.
Some of my plans for 2012 include:
- West Coast Super D, very fun early season event with only 15 minutes of pain attached.
- Gran Fondo Victoria, 270 km of rolling beauty with a few friends, amazing feed zones!
- Northwest Epic Series, two 60 and one 100 mile off-road events with loads of singletrack
- High Pass Challenge, 180 km and 2200 meters of road climbing bliss.
- Switzerland and Italy, 4 weeks of climbing in the Alps and Dolomites; the Stelvio, the Gavia and the Mortirolo.
- Gran Fondo Verona, 150 km of asphalt single track.
- Vanier CX, most fun you can have riding in circles on someone’s lawn.